Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering (NGS)
National University of Singapore
The Home of Cutting-edge, Multi-disciplinary PhD Research & Graduate Education
The Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering (NGS) at National University of Singapore (NUS) was established to spearhead exceptional multi-disciplinary PhD research and education.
- Our unique multi-disciplinary and student-centred environment affords exceptionally gifted, motivated students tremendous flexibility. If they choose to, students can explore the possibility of dipping into fields of study and research different from the disciplines they originate from.
- Our students have access to excellent resources, a world-class infrastructure, and receive supervision from distinguished research scientists from two (or more) different fields of their choosing and interests, from within NUS as well as the various research institutes of the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), Singapore - Singapore’s national lead agency in research in the sciences and technological domains.
- NGS also taps into the University’s worldwide web of synergistic, complementary partnerships with a select number of world-leading overseas research institutes and knowledge organisations in the USA, the UK, Continental Europe, Japan, China, Australia, etc. Thus, NGS is able to offer gifted students the opportunity to engage in globally progressive research in superb research facilities both within Singapore and further afield.
- And, the curriculum is tailor-made by and to each individual student’s needs and interests, and affords ample opportunities to ensure and enhance integrative learning.
NGS [http://ngs.nus.edu.sg] offers generous, full direct-PhD Scholarships to talented individuals of all nationalities with outstanding academic credentials and research potential in science, engineering, computing and bio-medicine, to pursue research that cuts across disciplinary boundaries.
- PhD in / across Sciences, Engineering, Computing, and Bio-Medicine
- PhD in Neuroscience, Data Science and other Specialisations [www.nus.edu.sg/ngs/NGS_Networked_Grps.html]
- Joint NUS-Karolinska Institute PhD in Bio-medicine, Bioengineering and related fields
- (integrated) PhD-MBA for those with strong entrepreneurial potential and interests
About NGS PhD-cum-Scholarship ~ http:/www.nus.edu.sg/ngs/NGSS.html ~
- 4-year direct-Ph.D., open worldwide to
- outstanding Bachelor degree holders (or above), with excellent research potential in innovative, high-calibre research
- from all branches of life, physical, computer and engineering sciences, and medicine
- Fully-funded, tuition fees waived for 4 years
- Generous monthly stipend & allowances (both tax-exempt) for computer, books & conferences
- Cross-disciplinary research at the forefront of science, engineering, computing & bio-medicine
- Unique, self-tailored curriculum based on individual research needs & interests
- Opportunities for PhD research projects based both in Singapore, and the USA/Continental Europe/Japan/Australia/South Korea/etc
NGS encourages cross-disciplinary research in / across
- Engineering Biomolecular, Chemical, Computer, Electrical, Environmental, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Materials, Nanotechnology, Robotics
- Information Technology Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Data Mining, Infocommunications, Interactive & Digital Media
- Life Sciences Biochemistry, Cancer Research, Cell & Molecular Biology, Developmental Biology, Genetics, Genomics, & Proteomics, Immunology, Lipidomics, Pharmacology, Physiology, Regenerative Medicine, Stem Cell Research, Structural Biology
- Physical Sciences Biological Physics, Chemistry, Soft-condensed Matter Physics, Nonlinear Dynamics & Complex Systems, Nano- & Molecular Electronics, Photonics, Phononics, Thermoelectrics, Quantum Information & Quantum Computation
- Specialisation Neuroscience, Data Science, Computational & Systems Biology, Carbon Science & Technology, Bioimaging, Environmental Life Sciences Engineering, Solar Energy, Healthcare Research & Technology
Visit our comprehensive list @ http://www.nus.edu.sg/ngs/research_areas.html
Seize the opportunity. Challenge yourself. Achieve research excellence among the world’s best.
Apply via http://www.nus.edu.sg/ngs/Instruction_on_application_submission_to_NGS.html
About National University of Singapore (NUS)
National University of Singapore (NUS) enjoys a global standing as one of Asia’s best universities and amongst the world’s top 30. The multi-campus University, with distinctive strengths in education and research, features strong entrepreneurial and global dimensions in its multi-faceted initiatives. An NUS education optimises students’ potential, broaden intellectual horizons and shape global outlooks. It leverages on NUS’ multi-disciplinary strengths to deliver a comprehensive, broad-based education. A vibrant residential life, and exciting cultural and sporting pursuits add to the learning and living experience.