Virginia Tech takes a hands-on, engaging approach to education, preparing scholars to be leaders in their fields and communities. As the commonwealth’s most comprehensive university and its leading research institution, Virginia Tech offers 215 undergraduate and graduate degree programs to more than 30,000 students and manages a research portfolio of more than $450 million. The university fulfills its land-grant mission of transforming knowledge to practice through technological leadership and by fueling economic growth and job creation locally, regionally, and across Virginia.
Through a combination of its three missions of learning, discovery, and engagement, Virginia Tech continually strives to accomplish the charge of its motto Ut Prosim (That I May Serve).
AT A GLANCE
- Located in Blacksburg, Virginia
- Eight colleges and graduate school
- 65 bachelor's degree programs
- 150 master's and doctoral degree programs
- 31,000 full-time students
- 16:1 student-faculty ratio
- Main campus includes more than 125 buildings, 2,600 acres, and an airport
- Computing and communications complex for worldwide information access
- Ranked 41st in university research in the United States
- Has adjacent corporate research center