Stord/Haugesund University College is a medium sized and modern state institution of higher education with approximately 3000 students and 280 employees. The institution was established 1. August 1994 when four independent colleges in Stord and Haugesund merged.
Northern Europe with Campuses Rommetveit (Stord) and Haugesund marked in
Stord/Haugesund University College is situated on the south west coast of Norway and has two campuses, one on the island Stord, the other in Haugesund.
The College is organised in three faculties:
- Faculty of Teacher and Cultural Education
- Faculty of Technology/Business/Maritime Education
- Faculty of Health Education
Stord/Haugesund University College offers studies of high quality, directed towards specific professions in society, and there is a great demand for graduates from our study programmes. Our areas of commitment are:
- Didactics and professional knowledge in teacher education
- Petromaritime business activities
- Health education