Get an idea of who we are - the university in the heart of Munich. Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München is one of the leading research universities in Europe, with a more than 500-year-long tradition. The University is committed to the highest international standards of excellence in research and teaching.
LMU Munich has a classical academic profile ranging from the humanities and cultural sciences, law, economics, and social sciences to medicine and natural sciences. The University is divided into 18 faculties and enjoys one of Germany’s finest library systems. Creative thinking, problem-solving and research are central to LMU’s academic programs. With 2,300 beds, its Medical Center is, next to the Charité in Berlin, the most prestigious and largest institution of this kind in Germany.
LMU Munich is divided into 18 faculties which group together major areas of teaching and research.
- Faculty of Catholic Theology
- Faculty of Protestant Theology
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Business Administration - Munich School of Management
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Faculty of History and the Arts
- Faculty of Philosophy, Philosophy of Science and the Study of Religion
- Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences
- Faculty for the Study of Culture
- Faculty of Languages and Literatures
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Mathematics, Computer Science and Statistics
- Faculty of Physics
- Faculty of Chemistry and Pharmacy
- Faculty of Biology
- Faculty of Geosciences