The challenge is big, but our goal is simple: to achieve a sustainable energy future for Europe. Innovation is the solution. New ideas, products and services that make a real difference, new businesses and new people to deliver them to market.
At InnoEnergy we support and invest in innovation at every stage of the journey – from classroom to end-customer. With our network of partners we build connections across Europe, bringing together inventors and industry, graduates and employers, researchers and entrepreneurs, businesses and markets.
We work in three essential areas of the innovation mix:
• Education to help create an informed and ambitious workforce that understands the demands of sustainability and the needs of industry.
• Innovation Projects to bring together ideas, inventors and industry to create commercially attractive technologies that deliver real results to customers.
• Business Creation Services to support entrepreneurs and start-ups who are expanding Europe’s energy ecosystem with their innovative offerings.
Bringing these disciplines together maximises the impact of each, accelerates the development of market-ready solutions, and creates a fertile environment in which we can sell the innovative results of our work.
Why join us?
The benefits of InnoEnergy PhD School extend beyond outstanding career prospects for its candidate students.
The energy sector as a whole has plenty of reasons to collaborate with us. A stronger climate of innovation, international mobility and networking, wider sources of funding for research institutes, plus a greater competitive edge for companies, for example candidates spend a significant amount of time during their entire PhD studies in different facilities so they gain a profound understanding of how organisational and innovation processes work. They also gain cross-organisational skills; our PhD candidates will be able to understand and communicate different professional company perspectives such as product development, finance or marketing.Thanks to this ability, they can link the innovation process not only between different parts of one organisation but also to collaboration with R&D partners in other spheres.
Highlights of what we can offer PhD candidates, institutes and companies include:
- Funding of expenses linked to training modules, travel, tuition fees and accommodation.
- Allowances related to international mobility:
To encourage mobility, an allowance is given to the candidate’s employer during his/her mobility stay. This allowance was created to support the extra costs of mobility and covers up to € 1500 per month for each candidate, with a limit of €9,000 per candidate.
- Possible participation in InnoEnergy innovation projects.
- Possible participation in InnoEnergy Highway®, which offers all the services needed to transform ideas or ventures into successful businesses
To build a sustainable long-lasting operational framework amongst the three actors of the knowledge triangle in the energy sector: industry, research and higher education, and ensure that this integration of the three is more efficient and has a higher impact on innovation (talent, technology, companies) than the three standing alone.
To become the leading engine for innovation and entrepreneurship in sustainable energy.
- Pan-European: We cover and capitalise the fascinating diversity of Europe.
- Integrative: We ceaselessly co-operate, integrate, synthesise, melt, merge.
- Entrepreneurial: It’s in InnoEnergy’s DNA to be entrepreneurs for sustainability.
- Impact-oriented: Everything we do is directed to create the maximum impact.
- Excellence-driven: We thrive to be the best, work with and create the best ones.
- Visionary: We dare to be visionary, to think beyond boundaries, to scrutinise rules.
- Passionate: We are bursting to develop cutting-edge-solutions & optimum results.
- Sustainable: We are here to stay. We care and work for the energy-future of Europe.