IMD is a Swiss foundation, based on the shores of Lake Geneva in Lausanne, Switzerland, dedicated to the development of international business executives at each stage of their careers. Our unique environment enables us to maintain our position as a world leader in Executive Development, and recruiting the best people will help us continue to meet our objectives.
The IMD Difference
IMD is a top-ranked business school.
We are the experts in developing global leaders through high-impact executive education.
- We are 100% focused on real-world executive development
- We offer Swiss excellence with a global perspective
- We have a flexible, customized and effective approach
We are 100% focused on real-world executive development
All IMD programs and services focus on real-world challenges faced by executives. We work with our clients— individuals, teams and organizations—to resolve their issues, build capabilities and prepare for the future.
We attract outstanding Faculty members who combine thought leadership and practical experience. Run like a business, not only as an academic institution, we adopt a relentlessly problem-solving approach to create lasting value and impact.
We offer Swiss excellence with a global perspective
Based in Switzerland and also operating out of key locations worldwide including our Executive Learning Center in Singapore, IMD shares its host nation's commitment to excellence while offering a unique global experience.
Consistently at the top of rankings, we are intellectually and culturally diverse with no single dominant nationality and no one world view.
Just look at the numbers:
- More than 8,000 executives from 98 countries come to IMD each year
- 120 global companies chose IMD for their customized programs each year
- Our alumni network counts more than 80,000 members in 45 clubs worldwide
- Over 34 different nationalities represented in the IMD Faculty and staff
- IMD is ranked FIRST in executive education worldwide (Financial Times 2008-2015) and FIRST in open programs worldwide (Financial Times 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015)
Research and development
Learning at IMD has its roots in original IMD research. Currently more than 80 research projects are underway, each led by one or several Faculty members. IMD carries out its research and program development in close collaboration with industry. To create value, Faculty members not only make sure that their research is relevant to practicing managers, but they also produce a steady flow of new material for IMD programs.