The Graduate School of Economic and Social Sciences (GESS) at the University of Mannheim offers graduate training with a focus on empirical and quantitative methods as well as their application to business, economics, and the social sciences. Our 11 full-time programs are characterized by focusing on achieving excellence in research in its own discipline. At the same time the program structure encourages to exchange ideas, methods and approaches to research across the boundaries of the economic and social sciences.
Our graduates are currently enriching some of the best departments and research facilities worldwide as professors, assistant professors or post-docs.
Within our three Doctoral Centers we offer 11 PhD Programs:
Benefits for GESS students
- generous monthly scholarships
- no tuition fees
- own office space
- first-class IT systems and software
- innovative research topics
- supervision by leading research professors
- vibrant and international research community
- supportive and collaborative administration
- placement activities and support