The Institute of Mechanics and Mechatronics is part of the Faculty of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering at Vienna University of Technology, Austria. The research activities of the Institute are focused on all relevant topics in the field of mechatronics, in particular on control theory. We are engaged in several cooperations with outstanding industrial enterprises where complex problems are solved by us at the highest scientific level.
The advertised position is to carry out scientific research work in ongoing and future research projects and cooperation with partners from various industries such as automotive and process engineering. The research assistant will be involved in scientific research related to cutting edge control theory such as nonlinear system identification, nonlinear control or realtime process optimisation.
Duties will include:
- Scientific research work in the field of control theory;
- Cooperation with industrial partners of the institute;
- Drafting manuscripts for scientific publications;
- Conducting exercise classes in the field of control theory;
- Participating in analyses and implementations of industrial control systems;
- Presenting scientific research work at international conferences;
Depending on the output of his/her scientific work, the research assistant will be given the opportunity to compile a doctoral thesis.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- University graduation at the MSc level in the field of engineering sciences or related (such as mechanical or electrical engineering, physics, mathematics, process engineering);
- Excellent command of engineering foundations such as mathematics, physics or control on the University graduate level;
- A strong interest in tackling cutting edge scientific problems in the field of control theory and related;
- Demonstrated positive interpersonal skills and problem solving abilities;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise discretion, making sound decisions when evaluating urgent situations or under the pressure of deadlines;
- Demonstrated record of excellent attendance and reliability;
- Excellent command of English
Please address your electronic application (pdf files) to Prof. Stefan Jakubek, firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. A complete application will include a cover letter and CV, academic transcripts and contact details of at least two referees.
The advertised position is full time, subject to the collective labour agreement for Austrian University employees. The annual gross salary which is also laid out in the labour agreement currently makes up EUR 38.234,-. Vienna University of Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and aims at supporting women who seek a career in science or an executive position. We explicitly encourage qualified women to apply for this position. In accordance with the Austrian Equal Opportunity Act equally qualified female applicants will be given precedence unless other reasons prevail. Handicapped persons with appropriate qualifications are explicitly invited to apply as well.