A position as senior advisor / senior researcher in public mental health is vacant at the National Institute of Public Health (NIPH), Faculty of Health Sciences, SDU, from August 1, 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter. NIPH is situated in central Copenhagen, Denmark.
The research department is organized in four research groups, working with Public Mental Health, Social inequality in health, Child health, and Intervention research. In the department, we wish to upgrade our competences in Public Mental Health, especially with a focus on the development of new projects in the research area, and on our contribution to the coordination of the research area across the nine research groups and the two departments, of which NIPH consists.
The senior advisor/ senior researcher must act as the project leader of an evaluation of an intervention to promote the mental health of young people, which must be carried out in 35 municipalities from 2017-2019. The position also involves project management of a group of smaller public health projects.
The position provides the opportunity for research management of a small group of researchers in mental health. The position also involves teaching students at BA level in public health science - especially within the subject of public health ethics and philosophy of science, but may also involve teaching in various research methods. The senior advisor will be expected to contribute to a further development of his or her own research profile within the institute's research priorities, amongst other things via fundraising and scientific publications. In addition, there will be opportunities to contribute more generally to the institutional tasks within research, teaching and supervision.
Potential applicants will be expected to have:
• A relevant PhD-degree.
• Solid experience with quantitative and qualitative research and evaluation within public health.
• Particular insights in terms, theories, and research within the areas Public Mental Health, Social Inequalities in health as well in Public Health Ethics and Philosophy of Science. Additionally, a wide orientation in the public health area will also be an advantage.
• Experience with research management and in depth experience with project management and conduction of larger cooperation’s between research/evaluation and practice.
• Proven experience with the devolvement of project ideas and funding opportunities for research within Mental Health and Social Inequalities in health.
• Proven experience with research communication and teaching at university level
We can offer an exciting job in an inspiring research environment, with highly motivated colleagues, situated in the heart of Copenhagen.
The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations).
Applications will be assessed by an expert committee. Applicants will be informed of their assessment by the university.
Only applications written in English will be accepted for evaluation. Applicants must clearly specify whether they are applying for a position as senior advisor or a position as senior researcher.
Applications – including the required attachments – must be sent via the below-mentioned link "Apply online". Only online applications will be accepted. Attached files must be Adobe PDF or Word format. Each field in the application form can contain up to max. 10 Mb.
The application must contain (as pdf.- or docx.-files):
• an application
• a detailed CV
• degree certificates (inclusive of PhD diploma)
• a complete and numbered list of publications
• up to 8 scientific peer-reviewed publications considered by the applicant to the most important for this position. Please notice that one pdf.- or docx.-file must be attached for each publication.
• a teaching portfolio detailing the candidate's prior teaching experience, teaching skills, and teaching philosoph
• a research plan
Incomplete applications with regard to the above-mentioned requirements will not be assessed.
Further particulars concerning the application - please see the link below. The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.