The University of Antwerp is seeking to fill the following full time vacancy (m/f) at the Department of Biomedical Sciences of the Faculty of Pharmacy-Veterinary and Biomedical sciences:
Post doctoral position in rodent neuroMRI to study BOLD-based and perfusion-based functional connectivity
Bio-Imaging lab University of Antwerp - Belgium
A post-doctoral position is available for a multidisciplinary project that aims to study changes in functional connectivity in an animal model for Huntington. The Bio-Imaging lab has already great expertise in acquiring and analyzing BOLD-based FC. In this project, the post-doctoral fellow will extend the methodology to perfusion (pCASL) based FC measurements on 7T and 9,4 T Bruker scanners. The project is multidisciplinary and masters a wide range of techniques including the development/implementation of the perfusion based resting state MRI protocols, acquiring data of dedicated animal models, and image analysis.
The core R&D activity of the Bio-Imaging lab (https://www.uantwerpen.be/en/rg/bio-imaging-lab/) is experimental high resolution neuroMRI focusing on neurodegeneration, neuromodulation and neuroplasticity. The research is performed on rat and mouse models for different human neuropathologies and on songbirds as a model for neuroplasticity and learning. We have two 7Tesla 16 cm and one 9.4Tesla 20 cm horizontal bore in-vivo MRI scanners and a cryocoil from Bruker (Germany) and a desktop 4.7Tesla from MRSolutions (UK)).
Our group has access to micro PET/SPECT/CT and BLI and advanced image processing through other UA research teams with whom we are clustered into a large UA imaging consortium EGAMI (Expert Group Antwerp Molecular Imaging https://www.uantwerpen.be/en/rg/bio-imaging-lab/collaborations/egami-imaging-consortium/)
Profile and requirements:
- You are an expert in MRI imaging (preferentially with experience in fMRI and/or arterial spin labelling) and have proven skills in MRI acquisition and processing.
- Preferably you have experience with (small animal) in-vivo Neuro MRI.
- You hold a doctoral degree in biomedical imaging, neurosciences, neuroMRI, MRIphysics or related field.
- You work accurate and are self-critical.
- You are a self-starter.
- You are a problem solver.
- You are highly organized and tackle challenges in a structured manner.
- You have strong analytical skills.
- You are result oriented.
- You are a team player.
- You are fluent in English and have strong communication skills, both in writing and in oral presentations.
- You are fluent in all Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- You have an excellent scientific CV.
a full-time position as a post doctoral fellow. The contract starts March 2017.
How to apply?
- Sent your application, CV and two names of referees to An.Ost@uantwerpen.be and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information can be obtained from: Annemie Van der Linden, head of the Bio-Imaging lab (Tel: + 32 (0)3 265.27.75, Secretary: +32 (0) 3 265.27.80), Deadline of application is January 31st, 2017.