Vacancy at the Global Health Institute, University of Antwerp
NSETHIO, an ERC funded project to study the cause of nodding syndrome and epilepsy in onchocerciasis endemic countries is looking for a full time epidemiologist (post-doc level) to join the research team
- Participate in a trans-disciplinary research project to identify the cause of nodding syndrome and epilepsy in onchocerciasis endemic regions.
- Develop research protocols.
- Visiting research study sites in Africa and assisting in coordinating local research activities.
- Writing scientific publications on project results.
- Assist in policy development based on study results.
- Excellent knowledge of epidemiology, experience with data management and statistical data analysis.
- Experience with participating in a research project in developing countries (preferably in Africa) is an important asset.
- Excellent organizational skills and able/willing to travel to remote places in Africa.
- Strong interest in scientific work; flexible, autonomous, strong sense of initiative and responsibility.
- Good communicative skills, collaborative and multidisciplinary interest.
- Outstanding academic record.
- Excellent knowledge of English, both oral and written.
- Good knowledge of French, both oral and written.
- An initial 12 months fixed-term contract for a full-time position, extendable with a minimum of two additional years after positive evaluation. The position can be taken up immediately, but timing can be agreed upon; salary according to university standard remuneration rates, depending on academic qualifications and former professional experience.
How to apply
- Application deadline: June 15th, 2017
- To apply, please send your curriculum vitae and a summary of your motivation and relevant experience to Prof Robert (Bob) Colebunders, firstname.lastname@example.org