The Institute for Community Medicine at Greifswald University Medicine is offering the following position:
Epidemiologist / Methodologist / Project Manager (m/f) as Team Leader or Researcher for Quality Management in a large Cohort Study
Ref. Number 17/Wi/01, tariff: TV-UMN E13
The position shall be either part-time or full-time for fixed-term until December 31st, 2018 (according to the Temporary Employment in Research Law) with the option for subsequent renewal. Home office options are possible.
The SHIP cohorts (SHIP & SHIP-TREND) are among the largest epidemiological health studies conducted in Germany. Examinations comprise a large range of medical and dental examinations, imaging procedures (whole body MRI, ultrasound), laboratory diagnostics, as well as computer-assisted interviews and questionnaires. Our scientific staff has unique opportunities to use existing data for further scientific qualification. By now, about 700 peer-reviewed articles have been published based on SHIP.
Fields of activity
- Epidemiological, methodical publications in international journals
- Project management, focusing on quality management
- Concept development for quality management in cohort studies
- Planning and implementation of new examination procedures
- Participation in third-party funded projects with focus on quality management
- The assignment of your position (team leader vs. researcher) will be made according to your interests and level of experience.
- University degree (MSc or higher) in the field of Health Sciences, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Biomathematics, Psychology or Medicine
- Good statistical or methodological knowledge
- Experience in project management
- Experience in scientific work and publishing
- Excellent organization, communication and presentation skills
- Very good knowledge of German and English
- Very good computer skills (MS Office)
- An interdisciplinary and creative team and a pleasant and family-friendly atmosphere
- Further scientific qualification to refine your scientific skills
- A diverse field of activity
- Payments are made according to TV-UMN (science tariff)
- Employer-funded pension
- The compatibility of work and family life is an integral part of our personnel policy. We offer active support through our "PFIFF" service office, for example, in the search for childcare centers or schools and advice in the search for accommodation.
- We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please note: Application and accommodation costs cannot be covered.
Mode of application
Please send your application with the usual documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, school, training and work certificates) exclusively by e-mail until January 31st, 2017 – all relevant documents should be contained in a single attached PDF file – with the subject "17/Wi/01 WiMi QM SHIP" to:
Universitätsmedizin Greifswald -KdöR-
Fleischmannstraße 8, 17475 Greifswald, Germany
Dr. Dietrich Alte is available for further questions. Tel.: +49+3834-867710, e-mail: email@example.com