Welcome to Linnaeus University! A place for knowledge, ideas and development. For growth potential and a belief in the future. In Småland and in the world.
Linnaeus University is opening a professorship in the field of teaching and learning with digital technologies. At Linnaeus University this is a field of research that concerns the research field of Information & Communication Technologies (ICT) and the design, development and implementation of ICT tools to support teaching and learning, in close collaboration with educational research focusing on curricula, knowledge building and school development. There is an increasing need to further explore these interconnected research areas by establishing an interdisciplinary field to capture the complexity of research questions related to students’ learning in school supported by digital technologies. The research focus of this professorship is on educational and technological research questions in the context of schools’ implementation of learning technologies as appropriate tools for teaching and learning. Moreover, a complementary line of research will be connected to improve our understanding of human-computer interaction aspects from a learning perspective.
By this new professorship Linnaeus University intends to strengthen its cross-faculty research within the field of teaching and learning with digital technologies in schools. In order to develop this new joint research field, we are looking for a professor with competence and experience from school-oriented educational ICT practices. The appointment includes research as well as teaching.
This professorship will initiate a new research program being a common initiative by Linnaeus University and IST, a Växjö based EdTech company, as well as being supported by the KK Foundation. IST has an ambition to actively participate in and support this initiative. Continuous coordination, contact and updates will be required.
As a professor, you are expected to build up and act as the responsible research leader for an interdisciplinary research center within the area of the appointment. You are also expected to contribute to the development of the university’s research performance as a whole. The position offers stimulating and challenging tasks including:
- To establish and be responsible for a research center in a new interdisciplinary field of great relevance for the development, implementation and evaluation of teaching and learning with digital technologies in Swedish schools.
- To participate in aspects related to teaching, planning, implementation, examination, and quality assurance of education at the different study programs. The task also involves supervising doctoral students and being an active member of the supervising teacher staff.
- To initiate new research projects, to contribute to an internal exchange of experiences linked to external funding applications and to assure success in receiving external funding.
- To collaborate with strategic partners to the University, both public sector organizations and industry.
- To work in a systematic fashion with the dissemination of knowledge and research results towards the scientific community, and to collaborate with other researchers, both nationally and internationally, as well as societal stakeholders.
- To participate actively in both internal and external work at the University as well as administrative work linked to education and research.
The position includes an interesting recruitment package comprising funding for two PhD students (four years each). The PhD students will take part of an attractive cross-faculty environment that includes the faculties of technology and social sciences.
For information about requirements and application: Lnu.se
Last date of application is March 21, 2017.
Professor Ninni Wahlström, Dean, Faculty of Social Sciences, tel: +46 72 205 96 98, e-mail: email@example.com
Professor Staffan Carius, Dean, Faculty of Technology, tel: +46 480 49 77 30, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Professor Marcelo Milrad, Head of Department of Media Technology, tel: +46 0470-70 87 25, e-mail: email@example.com
Senior Lecturer Tobias Bromander, Head of Department of Pedagogy, tel: +46 470 70 82 07, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources Consultant Faculty of Technology Carina Axelsson , tel: +46 0470-70 85 07, e-mail: email@example.com
Human Resources Consultant Faculty of Social Sciences Karolina Österdahl, tel: +46 0470-70 86 74, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org