IRB Barcelona is a self-standing, non-profit institution devoted to basic and applied biomedical research. It was set up in 2005 jointly by the Government of Catalonia and the University of Barcelona and is located at the Barcelona Science Park. The institute currently has more than 430 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world, who work across disciplines to advance research in the biomedical sciences.
* Oncology Programme: https://www.irbbarcelona.org/en/research/signalling-and-cell-cycle-laboratory
- Signalling and Cell Cycle Laboratory (ref. PD/16/JCI/01FORMACION) or (ref. PD/16/JCI/01INCORPORACION) Keywords: phosphorylation, tumor, stroma, oncology, p38 MAPK CDK, Cell cycle, colon, lung, signaling, breast, cancer, metastasis, therapy, kinase
*Cell and Developmental Biology Programme: https://www.irbbarcelona.org/en/research/cell-division-laboratory https://www.irbbarcelona.org/en/research/development-and-growth-control-laboratory
- Cell division laboratory (ref. PD/16/JCI/02FORMACION) or (ref. PD/16/JCI/02INCORPORACION) Keywords: microtubule mitosis epigenetics drosophila molecular bioinformatics cell centrosome chromatin proteins genetics morphogenesis chromosomes pericentriolar material leukemia - Development and Growth Control Laboratory (ref. PD/16/JCI/04FORMACION) or (ref. PD/16/JCI/04INCORPORACION) Keywords: genetics developmental biology drosophila signalling cancer growth
*Molecular Medicine Programme: https://www.irbbarcelona.org/en/research/metabolic-engineering-and-diabetes-therapy
- Metabolic engineering and diabetes therapy (ref. PD/16/JCI/03FORMACION) or (ref. PD/16/JCI/03INCORPORACION) Keywords: glucose, glycogen, glycogenosis, Lafora Disease, Pompe disease, diabetes, obesity, pathology, neurodegeneration, molecular, disease, metabolism, astrocyte, neuron, brain, liver
CALL REQUIREMENTS EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
* JCI Formación requierements:
- Thesis defended between 2015-2016 - PhD not performed at IRB Barcelona. - Not have been beneficiary in prior calls of any JCI or RyC.
* JCI Incorporación requierements:
- PhD qualifications between 2012-2014 - Not have been beneficiary in prior calls of any JCI-Incorporación or RyC.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
* According to the call:
Contract duration: 2 years More info at: Juan de la Cierva Formación 2016 Juan de la Cierva Incorporación 2016
* Working conditions:
Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
*Training and Career:
Postdoctoral researchers joining IRB Barcelona gain access to the Institute’s advanced research training and career development opportunities, all within in a competitive international environment. Courses and workshops on themes of particular interest to postdocs are offered regularly by the Institute.
* International environment:
Nearly 100 Postdoctoral researchers, most than a half of them are non-Spanish nationals, are currently working toward their research at IRB Barcelona.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
Applications for the above opening should include CV and should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Reference: please provide the reference of the lab you are willing to apply
* Internal deadline for applications:
12/01/2017 When the applicants do not fit the requirements, the deadline will be able to be extended.
* Number of positions available:
6, 1 per laboratory and modality.
* Selection process
Will be based on CV, experience, management of research and innovation.
Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
* Offered Position:
Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
For more information please visit our website at: www.irbbarcelona.org