→ Apply until 21/03/2017 23:59 CET
→ Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
→ Department FW03 - Bio-analysis
→ AAP temporary appointment - 100%
→ 1 position(s)
For the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, we are looking for a full-time post-doctoral assistant within the department of Bioanalysis (FW03).
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
- At least 70% of your assignment will be spent on academic research.
- You will assist in teaching activities at the Bachelor’s or Master’s level.
- You will counsel Master’s students in their exercises, work placement and Master’s dissertation.
- You will counsel doctoral students.
- You will take responsibility in attracting scientific funding through projects.
- You will assist in the internal and external service provisions of the department.
- You will take responsibility as an independent researcher within the research group and you will provide co-leadership to our team.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a doctoral degree (PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, PhD in Veterinary Medicine, PhD in Medical Sciences, PhD in Bioengineering) or an equivalent degree. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- You have already conducted research within the field of quantitative Pharmacometrics (modelling & simulation), more particularly related to (pre-) clinical pharmacokinetics, population-based PharmacokineticPharmacodynamic (PKPD) modelling and/or Physiologically-Based PK (PBPK) modelling.
- Experience with the application of these techniques in the field of Oncology or Pediatrics is a plus.
- You have basic hands-on experience with frequently used PKPD modelling tools: NONMEM and/or Monolix, Simcyp and/or PKsim and/or Gastroplus, Berkeley Madonna, R, etc.
- You have distinguished yourself as a promising, independent, researcher in your doctorate.
- You have experience with and are profoundly interested in coaching students in the Bachelor’s, Master’s, Advanced Master programmes and/or PhD.
- Your publication record contains relevant scientific publications in international and national peer-reviewed scientific journals that are widely disseminated.
- Having experience in the conception and redaction of projects to obtain scientific funding is a clear advantage.
- You have actively participated in international conferences in the field of Pharmacometrics, PBPK and/or Bioanalysis.
- You have hands-on experience with liquid chromatography coupled to tandem mass spectrometry.
- You have the necessary communication skills, flexibility and critical mindset to successfully work in a multidisciplinary environment.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a three-year appointment, which may be renewed once for three years at the most, on condition that the previous term was given a positive evaluation. The term of renewal begins immediately after the first term has expired. Attention: If you have been previously appointed as a post-doctoral assistant at a university within the Flemish Community, you cannot apply for this position.
- Your appointment will start on 1 April 2017 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP5. More information is available on our website.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 38 days of paid leave, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits can be found on our website (in Dutch).
Apply online via this application before last application date (21/03/2017 at 23:59 (CET). Make sure you upload the following documents:
- application letter
- cv, including an overview of your relevant scientific publications (merged into one file of maximum 5 MB)
- a transcript of the required degree
- for diplomas awarded outside the European Union: certificate of equivalence (NARIC) (if you already have it)
We do not accept applications that are sent by e-mail or applications that lack (one of) the above-mentioned documents.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. dr. apr. An Vermeulen (AnMC.Vermeulen@ugent.be, +32 9 264 81 12 or +32 474 55 08 65).