→ Apply until 31/01/2017 23:59 CET
→ Faculty of Arts and Philosophy
→ Department LW21 - Languages and Cultures
→ AAP temporary appointment - 100%
→ 1 position(s)
- At least 50% of your assignment will be spent on academic research in preparation of a doctoral dissertation in Gender and Diversity Studies.
- You will assist in the teaching activities at the department, specifically courses regarding gender and diversity (http://www.mastergenderendiversiteit.be/).
- You will assist in the internal and external services of the Department of Languages and Cultures and The Centre for Research on Culture and Gender (http://www.culturegender.ugent.be/)
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a Master’s degree, or an equivalent degree, in Humanities or social sciences or demonstrable knowledge of gender and diversity studies and obtained very good results. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment;
- You are interested in completing doctoral research and writing a doctoral thesis in the field of gender and diversity studies;
- You have an excellent knowledge of the Dutch language;
- You have the required skills to provide teaching assistance at academic level;
- You have good communicative and social skills and the necessary flexibility;
- You like to work in a team;
- Knowledge of qualitative research methods is recommended.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a two-year appointment, which may be renewed twice for two years, on condition that the previous term was given a positive evaluation. Attention: If you have been previously appointed as a junior assistant or doctoral fellow at a university within the Flemish Community, this appointment will be deducted from the maximum term of appointment, which is six years at the most according to the Codex of Higher Education.
- Your appointment will start on 15 March 2017 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP3. More information is available on our website.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 38 days of paid leave, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits can be found on our website (in Dutch).
Apply online via this application before last application date (see above). Make sure you upload the following documents:
- application letter;
- cv, including an overview of study results and PhD proposal (1500 – 2500 words). (merged into one file of maximum 5 MB);
- a transcript of the required degree;
- for diplomas awarded outside the European Union: certificate of equivalence (NARIC) (if you already have it);
We do not accept applications that are sent by e-mail or applications that lack (one of) the above-mentioned documents.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Piet Van Avermaet (Piet.Vanavermaet@UGent.be, +32 09/2647047 or +32 495241903).