- Last application date: Feb 15, 2017 23:59
- Department: RE21 - Department of Interdisciplinary Study of Law, Private Law and Business Law
- Contract: Limited duration
- Degree: Master in Laws (or graduating in 2016-17)
- Occupancy rate: 100%
- Vacancy Type: Research staff
The research group Law & Technology of the Faculty of Law is looking for 2 fulltime PhD students for 2 research projects that will start early 2017 (exact starting date to be negotiated).
Project 1: A children’s rights perspective on privacy and data protection in the digital age: a critical and forward-looking analysis of the General Data Protection Regulation and its implementation with respect to children and youth
Project 2: Minors and online sexual acts: a study of legal qualifications and regulatory approaches from a children's rights perspective
- You work on a delineated research project with the aim of writing an English PhD.
- You function within a team of researchers and contribute to the activities of the research group.
- You publish about and present research results at national and international level, and build a national and international network.
Profile of the candidate
- You have obtained a degree of Master in Laws (or equivalent) or you are graduating in June/July 2017 as a Master in Laws. Your study results are very good.
- You are interested in ICT and media law and children’s rights. In addition, you are also interested in closely related law domains and other disciplines (communication science, computer science, educational science, …).
- You are able to carry out research independently.
- You have excellent writing and presentation skills in English.
- You have good communication skills and are able to work in a team, while also being independent and creative and showing initiative.
How to apply
If you are interested, please send the following documents as soon as possible and at the latest by 15 February 2017 by e-mail to email@example.com:
- An English application letter in which you explain how you fit within the job profile
- An extensive CV, including study results
More information about the vacancy? Contact prof. Eva Lievens (firstname.lastname@example.org).
More information about being a PhD researcher at Ghent University: http://www.ugent.be/en/research/doctoralresearch.