There are several internships at FOM Insitute AMOLF:
- Single-molecule spectroscopy of hydrogen-bonded polymers
- Biochemical networks as analog computers
- Theoretical Biophysics
- Light emission from plasmonic nanoantennas
- Electrostatic behavior of the lipid membrane
- Experimental cell biophysics
- Heat transport in peptides
- Reversibility and structural memory of collagen networks
- Using optical tweezers to measure the elasticity of single fibers within biopolymer gels
- Building artificial cells in microfabricated chambers
- Cell-matrix interactions on micropatterned substrates
- Cross-repression within transcription-factor families
- DNA-functionalized vesicles as ligand-receptor models
- CARS study of reaction kinetics
Check our website for the complete subscription.
FOM Institute AMOLF performs leading fundamental research on physics of Biomolecular Systems and Nano Photonics; two areas with key potential for technological innovations. The Institute contributes to knowledge transfer to industry and society and trains talented young researchers. AMOLF is located at Science Park Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and engages approximately 130 scientists and 70 support staff. See also www.amolf.nl.
You have a bachelors degree in physics, chemistry or biology and participate in a master study in one of these areas. You have a nationality of an EU member state or if not, you are a student at a Dutch university. You must be available for at least four months.
Conditions of employment
At the start of your traineeship your trainee plan will be set out, in consultation with your AMOLF supervisor. A trainee contract will be established, including a small allowance.
See for contactperson the vacancy at our website.
Applications can be sent to:
FOM Institute AMOLF
1009 DB Amsterdam
Please quote the number of the vacancy.
Please annex your:
- list of followed courses plus grades.